The books on this site are separated into the following age/reading level categories:
- Science Picture Books – typically preschool to lower elementary, good for read aloud by adults
- Science Beginning/Easy Readers – typically lower elementary age, meant to be read by child (simpler, controlled vocabulary)
- Science Books for Upper Elementary: best for grades 4-6
- Middle Grade Science – ages 9 +
- Science Experiment Collections– hands-on activities, often can be modified for a range of ages
We are also starting a list of themed book lists, based on one topic or subject.
Doing a unit on a particular topic? Child passionate about a certain subject? We might just have something for you!
Try our themed collections of science children’s books (newest to older):
“My review” links take you to full reviews of the books at Wrapped In Foil blog, many with suggestions for hands-on activities. “Related science activities” links take you to posts at Growing With Science, often inspired by the book. Linked titles go to Amazon for further information.